It's a secret to everyone! Read more about RSS Club.
I have plenty of routines and rituals throughout the day. The morning routine is something that's probably the most talked about. Martin asked me quite a while ago about my daily routine.
It changed a bit since then, so here's an updated version of my morning routine. What's yours like?
- Get up
- Pick fresh clothes
- Prepare coffee. Since I'm usually still super groggy at this point, I follow this specific order:
- Refill water tank
- Clean the pot
- Change filter
- Grind beans
- Put the beans into the filter and start the machine
- Take a shower and do all that bathroom stuff
- Pour coffee for my girlfriend and wake her
- Pour myself some coffee
- At least 5 minutes of writing
- Do at least one task in Things
- Check Social Media and Feedreader
- Play a few rounds of Overwatch
- Drive to work
This might sound very extensive. I'm not sure. But I don't think about it all in the morning. It kinda just happened to become routine. Maybe I should just skip 9 and 10 and drive to work as soon as possible? Or do something more productive instead?